Tea is a traditional medicine without any side effects that can bring unexpected benefits to your health, even if you’re not a fan. So even if you aren’t a fan, I believe one day you will become intrigued by it. People that love tea, and would like to stock a bag of Best Chamomile Tea in their pantry, consider it one of the most popular types of tea.
If you were to drink a cup of chamomile tea before you go to sleep at night, would you find that it would make you fall asleep and relieve you of any anxiety, stress, and fatigue you would be experiencing during the working day?
If you try it as soon as possible, you’ll be amazed at how it works on your entire body and mind, just like I said. Now let’s select for you the best chamomile tea product!
What’s Chamomile Tea?
If you have been wondering what this miracle herbal tea does, the answer is so simple. A traditional beverage for colds and flu, chamomile tea dates back thousands of years.
Ancient Egyptians made chamomile tea as a medicine to soothe a broad range of illnesses. Over time, the beverage gradually gained popularity as a product that would assist you with sleeping.
In many modern scientific studies, chamomile has had extensive clinical use in treating the flu and can also be beneficial for helping us fall asleep at night. And chamomile can be used for other applications in beauty and health.
German vs Roman Chamomile
Is there any way to know the exact number of types of chamomile tea that is available on the market?
The German Chamomile plant (Matricaria recutit) and the Roman Chamomile plant (Chamaemelum nobile) are the two varieties that are used to make this herbal drink.
There are actually two plants referred to as “chamomile”. However, German chamomile is considered the most commonly used and is used for treating similar health problems.
Chamomile Tea vs. Peppermint Tea vs. Green Tea
Chamomile tea and green tea are two different types of tea, but they both contain caffeine and support metabolism. Caffeine-free chamomile tea indorses relaxation and sleep quality, while green tea helps keep you awake in the morning as it contains caffeine and supports metabolism.
Due to its mild, floral flavor and aroma, people prefer chamomile tea to green tea.
Besides relieving muscle tension and assisting sleep, peppermint tea combined with chamomile tea promotes digestive health.
The perfect combination of peppermint tea with chamomile and green tea will take your flavor to the next level as well as provide you with additional health benefits.
Why Should You Drink Chamomile Tea Regularly?
There are numerous health benefits to using Chamomile tea, and here are 10 reasons why you should do so. Chamomile is a wonderful flower and we’ve been using it for thousands of years as a traditional remedy.
- Enhance Immune System: These properties can help the body’s internal organs fight infections since these teas contain anti-inflammatory properties.
- Reduce Headaches: Plants are often used to relax the central nervous system and treat headaches, but they also contain compounds that are also capable of stimulating the immune system.
- Help You Sleep Better: Those who suffer from sleep disorders may benefit from chamomile tea due to its soothing properties.
- Better Blood Sugar Control: This herbal tea only requires one cup to alleviate blood sugar levels.
- Support Digestion: These teas are extremely effective in treating digestive disorders. So if you have problems with bloating or flatulence, the tea is right for you.
- Fight Anxiety: It may help you reduce stress and anxiety due to its calming effect on your nervous system. Therefore, this drink is good for your mind.
15 Best Chamomile Tea Reviews in 2022
In this post, we will review 15 of the best chamomile tea products I chose in detail. We will examine the features, pros, and cons of each product closely.
1) Traditional Medicinals Organic Chamomile Herbal Tea
Key Features: (Best Overall)
- The package contains six tea boxes, each containing sixteen tea bags sealed in foil.
- With honey notes it’s a floral scent with a subtle fragrance.
- Tea bags that have been individually wrapped
Traditional Medicinals Organic Chamomile Herbal Tea is a great option for calming your nerves and supporting healthy digestion.
The chamomile is 100% organic and non-GMO. These teas are available in large quantities in packs of 6 each with 16 tea bags, which are ideal for those who drink a lot.
You can drink 3 to 4 cups a day of this herbal chamomile tea. It is different from other coffees because it is caffeine-free, light and mild; therefore, you can drink it anytime and at how many cups you please.
The effect of tea is to relax you, and it’s easy to fall asleep. People drink it 1-2 hours before bed; this is said to accomplish the same effect as sleep aids do.
- An organization you can trust
- Verified as not containing GMOs.
- Organic certification on all ingredients
- It is Kosher.
- The product is caffeine-free.
- Supports healthy digestion and relaxes your nerves
- Since the tea bag flavor is so mild, you have to use more tea per serving to obtain the desired flavor
2) Tazo Calm Chamomile Herbal Infusion Tea
Key Features: (Best for Sore Throat)
- There are six boxes of 20 teabags in a case.
- There are notes of apple and toast in the palate.
- Delivered in a certified stress-free package
Tazo Calm is calming, tasty and will relaiss and lull you to sleep. If you’re looking for some mixed herbal tea in the evening, you’ll be satisfied with Tazo Calm.
With a smooth, lightly sweet flavor layered with the aroma of chamomile, rose petals, and other soothing herbs, it is ideal on its own or as a mixer. There is unmistakeably an apple flavor to this tea, along with toasty notes.
The chamomile tea from Tazo is my favorite of the herbal teas. This tea is caffeine-free and contains no preservatives, additives, or additives. Many people find that it relieves their sore throat and headache once they drink it.
- No caffeinated products
- The ingredients are 100% natural.
- The food is free of preservatives and additives
- Blended herbal tea with a refreshing taste
- It calms and relaxes you
- People might be turned off by its taste at first because it differs from chamomile’s original flavor.
- There might be a hint of overpowering rose petals.
3) Twinings of London Pure Camomile Herbal Tea
Key Features: (Best for Weight Loss)
- Trusted growers provide the best chamomile available.
- Chamomiles have the ripe flavor of blossoms.
- Stronger taste compared to other brands
- There are 6 boxes in one pack.
- Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, No Nuts
Despite the fact that herbal tea is beneficial, many people find it unpleasant to smell fresh herbs. With Twinings of London Pure Camomile Herbal Tea, you won’t have to worry anymore. The tea has the flavors of fresh chamomiles without the taste of hay.
In any case, this tea can be enjoyed the way you prefer: iced tea for an afternoon break or warm drinks for bedtime. Add a tablespoon of honey, milk, and a few drops of lemon juice for extra flavor.
There is a noticeable difference between the taste and the stomach comfort. It can be an excellent weight loss supplement, as well as support sleep and digestion if you avoid other stimulants.
You can prepare this delicious cup of chamomile tea in the morning, or at night, with Twinings of London Pure Camomile Herbal Tea, steeping it for three to five minutes.
- Brand name tea with consistent quality
- Ingredients made from natural sources
- The addition of sugar is not required
- A caffeine-free product
- Sleep deprivation, stomach ache, and stress
- Those who are sensitive to the tea’s effects may feel tired and fatigued.
- The taste is a bit monotonous
- We do not wrap tea bags in foil for freshness and do not attach a tag or string for identification.
4) Celestial Seasonings Chamomile Herbal Tea
Key Features: (Best Budget)
- There are 6 boxes in the pack.
- The floral taste is mild and light.
- Relaxing and helps you to feel calm
My favorite brand of tea that I buy, whenever I’m in the mood for chamomile, is Celestial Seasonings Chamomile Herbal Tea. The tea is of average strength and the flavor just right. The brew has a beautiful golden color.
Every family member will love this caffeine-free tea, an excellent addition to your pantry. I usually drink this tea when it’s hard to sleep and relax. Its smell, warmth, and taste make me feel comfortable and relaxed.
There are no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives in the tea made with 100% natural ingredients.
Additionally, it comes in a well-designed recycled cardboard box that holds twenty string less tea bags. It has an affordable price, so they are perfect for those who love to drink tea in bulk.
- It is kosher.
- The caffeine-free variety
- There are no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives in this product
- At a price you can afford
- If you would like a stronger flavor, you might need more than one tea bag each time because its mild and light taste.
5) Bigelow Cozy Chamomile Herbal Tea
Key Features: (High in Quality)
- Pure and Simple Chamomile flavor
- Each tea bag is individually wrapped.
- Products we manufacture are 100% biodegradable and environmentally friendly
A tea bag of Bigelow Chamomile simply steeped in boiling water for three to five minutes will yield a soothing cup of herbal tea perfect for relaxing times.
You can consume a herbal medicine beverage by drinking this Bigelow tea when you need it. It does not contain any artificial flavors or additives, so you can drink it whenever you need it.
Moreover, some people who agonize from anxiety have found the drink helps them manage their symptoms. Therefore, it’s a safe bet that one to two cups will put you to sleep like a baby.
You can enjoy the tea over time without worrying about the quality since Bigelow tea comes in 100 fresh packs, protected from air, moisture, and aroma using special foil. It’s wonderful when combined with raw honey.
- The product is non-GMO.
- A gluten-free diet
- Packaged in freshness
- A caffeine-free product
- For people who enjoy tea, the larger size box is ideal.
- If you drink this tea before sleeping, you may feel drowsy.
6) Yogi Tea Comforting Chamomile Tea Bags
Key Features: (Best for Anxiety)
- We individually package tea for optimum freshness.
- It has a delicate, mild flavor.
- Chamomile flowers that are organic
There is nothing quite like a nice cup of tea from Yogi Tea for treating stress, relieving throat discomfort, slimming down, fighting cancer… and that’s just to name a few things.
Thus, people who want to promote relaxation can find chamomile tea easily even if they’re not familiar with herbal beverages.
When you take one sip of this tea, you will realize how gentle, calming, and comforting the taste is; you can also taste the cream of chamomile in the tea. This tea works wonder for anxiety, as well as stomach discomfort.
At Yogi Tea, we are committed to the highest standards of organic, kosher-friendly, and non-GMO products. I like it even more because it has a positive mantra for every tea bag. You can enjoy the tea while also learning about the message of the day.
- Organic certification by the USDA
- The product is gluten-free and kosher.
- The product is Non-GMO and Vegan.
- No artificial flavors or sweeteners
- Packaged with compostable bags
- The following information is helpful to people who have never tried herbal beverages before.
- In the case of stomach discomfort as well as anxiety
- It might not have as much depth of flavor as expected and might be weak
- A bit weird aftertaste might follow the tea.
7) Stash Tea Chamomile Nights Herbal Tea
Key Features: (Best for Sleep)
- Natural lotus, chamomile and spearmint are used in this tea.
- It has a sweet, floral note and a hint of mint with a mild flavor that lingers after swallowing.
People who are unable to sleep often prefer chamomile to Stash Nights Herbal Tea. This is the choice if they like a more complex taste than chamomile alone.
Despite the fact that the lotus, passionflower, and spearmint are stronger than the chamomile, all the ingredients in this tea blend together so well to create a very relaxing tea that is not only relaxing but provides many health benefits as well.
It seems more like a fruity aroma rather than flowery to me. Regardless of the scent, it’s strong and pleasant.
Using the Stash tea box, you’ll receive a box of 100 tea bags. It’s the perfect size for catering, restaurants, and food service. Plus it’s individually wrapped in stay-fresh foil.
- Keep the tea fresh with foil wrappers that stay fresh for up to a month.
- Certified Kosher by the Kof-K, a Certified B Corporation
- We are a Caffeine-Free company
- Packaged in a way that is not frustrating for the recipient
- A tea bag’s string falls off easily.
- Occasionally, the spearmint flavor in some teas is so strong that it reminds me of chewing gum instead of drinking tea.
8) Starwest Botanicals Organic Chamomile
Key Features: (Best for Babies)
- Matrixaria recutita leaves
- The origins of Egypt
- chamomile tastes true to its name.
This tea has a highly aromatic aroma that immediately grabs our attention. The box lets you smell the genuine chamomile flowers as though you were standing in the countryside filled with these flowers.
Powered by Starwest Botanicals, our Organic Chamomile features whole flowers. Combine it with your favorite flavors or go classic with pure herbal tea.
These teas taste fresh, clean, sweet and floral without a hint of bitterness. If you like a strong chamomile taste, this is the tea for you. Considering the quality of the tea, the price is quite reasonable.
Organic, gluten-free, Kosher, and GMP Compliant, it’s perfect for people of any religious beliefs. Our Organic Chamomile is packed conveniently in a large, releasable package that makes it easy to use.
- Kosher Certified by QAI, Certified Organic by QAI
- It is in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- A large and convenient package makes it convenient to use.
- Delicious, sweet, floral, and refreshing.
- You might need to use strainers for your tea if the flowers get crushed between storage and shipment.
9) Tealyra Egyptian Chamomile
Key Features: (Best Loose Leaf Tea)
- A certified organic product grown in Egypt
- Arrive in ziplock bags that seal tightly.
- The smell of flowers is pleasant.
The idea of creating bedtime teas using different herbs for effectiveness has attracted many people such as valerian root, lemon balm, lavender, magnolia bark, passionflower.
Only Egyptian chamomile flower teas are available in Tealyra Egyptian Chamomile. The perfect sleep time brew is incomplete without it.
Despite being loose leaf tea, this tea has a pleasant smell that many people find pleasing. Even new tea drinkers will enjoy drinking this.
Pure organic tea made from all-natural ingredients without supplements or artificial ingredients. Each box is air-tight and sealed for freshness.
- An all-natural product
- We’re talking about something organic.
- Keep people calm, relieve stress, and promote better sleep quality.
- Egyptian chamomiles are used to make this tea.
- I think the taste is rather weak and bland.
10) Nature Restore Organic Chamomile Tea
Key Features: (Best for Skin)
- The same high-quality chamomile used in tea and skincare
- German chamomile is organically grown.
- A product of Egypt or Croatia
Because of its health benefits, there are many ways to use chamomile. It can be eaten as tea, used as a healthy ingredient in cooking, or even applied topically.
There is organically grown Matricaria chamomilla in the tea, which is grown in Egypt and Croatia. That it stays fresh for up to 3 re-steeps without losing flavor is one thing I find awesome about this tea.
Moreover, if you look closely at the tea, you will see that it has fresh flower buds intact, and the scent smells pleasant and fresh.
- Organic certification by the USDA
- Organic certification by QAI
- A real pleasure to eat and smell.
- Several times re-steep the tea
11) Davidson’s Tea Bulk, Herb Chamomile Flower
- Flowers of the chamomile plant
- The taste is buttery and sweet
- Packaging: Packed in aluminum foil lined plastic pouches with a paper/kraft front pouch, for optimum freshness.
If you like full chamomile buds, then Davidson’s Tea is your tea of choice. This Egyptian chamomile tea features the most beautiful yellow flowers and a buttery, sweet taste. When brewed properly, the tea has a nice, balanced flavor.
When you are feeling under the weather or just want a cup of relaxation, try this tea. As a result, you will sleep better and wake up feeling more refreshed.
The sweets are packaged in a stand up pouch of paper/kraft with aluminum foil inside to preserve freshness.
No matter how small or simple the packaging or name, Davidson’s Tea delivers the latest in high-quality products with excellent customer service.
- Organic certification by USDA
- The caffein-free
- Feelings of calmness
- Egyptian chamomiles are used to make this product.
- When brewing this tea, it has a nice, balanced flavor.
- There may be an aftertaste of bitterness.
12) Choice Organic Teas Herbal Tea
- We manufacture this product in the United States
- The flowers of the Egyptian chamomile plant
- Tea bags made from unbleached, natural fibers and without staples
- These boxes are made of 100 % biodegradable and 100% recyclable materials.
- Floral and sweet in taste
There are a number of reasons why this product surpasses my expectations: This product has a smooth, sweet and floral aroma, which makes for a calming tea. I would definitely drink this tea over and over again.
I purchased it because it’s organic and Fairtrade. Therefore, I wasn’t just getting a good cup of tea, but I was also helping farmers have a better life.
Additionally, the tea bags are made from natural fiber and are packed in biodegradable boxes.
The choice is yours to enjoy the caffeine-free tea hot or cold day or night; however, do not forget to use 2 tea bags for iced tea.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Organic
- The NonGMO Project has verified that these products are not genetically modified.
- We must make fair trade part of our daily lives.
- Kosher but not gluten-free.
- No caffeinated drinks
- There are tea leaves leaking from the tea bag, since it wasn’t sealed properly.
13) U.S Wellness Naturals Chamomile Tea
Key Features: (Best for GERD)
- U.S.A.-processed and packaged.
- Production of high-quality Chamomile from Germany
- A polymer multi-layer bag made with BPA-free polymer and Kraft surface comes with this item.
- Each bag contains between 200 and 400 servings.
- The sweetness of it
This U.S Wellness Naturals chamomile tea covers 200-400 servings per bag, so you can make sure you get the many benefits. Chamomile tea benefits include sleep aid, mood relaxer, antioxidant, and stomach comfort.
The tea is 100% organic and free from flavors, pesticides, herbicides.
German chamomile is the source of the sweetness in U.S Wellness Naturals chamomile tea. That is what adds to the health benefits, calming properties especially.
The final step is to seal triple-layer bags so that freshness of chamomile blossoms is not compromised.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Organic
- Contains no added ingredients, pesticides, or herbicides.
- Feelings of calmness
- You feel uneasy when first opening this product due to its slight chemical smell.
14) Cha4Tea Pure Camomile Herbal Tea Pods
- You can brew coffee in any Keurig machine (compatible Keurig 2.0)
- Made in the United States
- Chamomile flowers of the highest quality
What is the best brand of chamomile tea for use with your Keurig machine? Look no further than Cha4Tea pure camomile herbal tea pods.
The Cha4Tea tea pod is the perfect after-work beverage after you’ve worked all day. This unique tea pod has the taste and health benefits of chamomile without it being tainted by additives.
For those who worry about quality, the Keurig does not ruin the original flavor of tea, regardless of its high price. My favorite brew tastes great and I sleep better after drinking it.
- A caffeine-free product
- The best chamomile tea of all time
- For convenient use, tea pods are available.
- There are negative environmental impacts with K-Cup pods because they are non-biodegradable.
15) Organic Chamomile Tea With Entire Dried Flowers
Key Features: (Best Tasting)
- Chamomile flowers in their natural state
- A foil-lined, resealable bag is used for packaging.
- Flavorful, sweet, floral taste
Tea Company Chamomile Tea has large, healthy flowers packed with foil linings for freshness. Additionally, the tea is hand-crafted in small batches, not in large quantities like other brands that can result in shorter shelf lives.
These teas have a smooth, sweet, floral flavor and so relaxing aroma that I look forward to drinking a cup of chamomile tea before bed.
This Chamomile Tea from The Tea Company will satisfy you and leave you with the authentic flavor of fresh chamomile flowers. It is convenient to steep tea using a strainer, and it can be re-steeped each day.
- Organic certification by the USDA
- Gluten-free, Kosher
- Natural ingredients with no additives
- Support sleep quality and reduction, aid in digestion, improvement the immune system
- The original and fresh flavor of chamomile seems a bit too strong for some people to drink
How to Buy Chamomile Tea?
There are buying guides that you can refer to choose the best chamomile teas for you. Pure chamomile tea is characterized by a clean, golden infusion with a slightly sweet, floral aroma. Some chamomile infusions can taste buttery with a hint of honey. Depending on your preference, you can choose a strong, light, bitter or sweet tea.
Either way, a good chamomile tea gives you a refreshing and relaxing sensation when drinking it.
The taste of the tea makes it easy to identify the purity of the products. If you notice a difference in the color of the infusion or an unpleasant smell in the tea, be careful and double-check before taking a sip. It could be damaged or in a lower quality batch.
Buy from reputable dealers whose brands are safe and quality production processes are tested. Some people prefer loose leaf tea to tea bags because they want to make sure the tea is made from the best parts of the flowers. If you buy whole dried flowers, you risk drinking bitter tea or containing insects.
In other ways, tea bags are more suitable and you can easily select from well-known brands in the market that have a reputation of selling tea for more than a decade. The tea often comes in individually wrapped sachets to help maintain the flavor of each cup you choose to drink.
When is the Accurate Time to Drink Chamomile Tea?
The secret to correctly drinking chamomile tea is:
After Having Meal
According to researches, drinking 1 cup of chamomile tea after about 30 minutes of eating reduces gas, indigestion and gas. Drinking this tea also helps balance the amount of salt in the body and helps in treating the gastrointestinal tract or stomach.
Before Going to Bed
Health experts endorse that one of the best times to drink chamomile tea is around 30 minutes before bed. This tea promotes calming and calming effects on the body and mind. Also, 1 cup of chamomile tea will help you feel more comfortable for night work.
Depending on the Time of Day
In addition to the above times, you can drink chamomile tea at different times of the day:
- In the morning: if you have a cup of chrysanthemum tea after breakfast, you will feel refreshed, comfortable and energized in about 30 minutes to start a new day.
- After lunch: this is the best option to detoxify the liver. At this point, you can enhance a little honey or licorice to make the tea taste more delicious and flavorful. In addition, this combination is also healthier for relieving fatigue at noon.
- After dinner: As mentioned above, after dinner you can drink 1 cup of chamomile tea to help the body better absorb nutrients and sleep better.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before deciding on the best chamomile tea to buy, let’s answer any questions you may have.
Chamomile tea is 100% caffeine free. It is suitable for all ages. You can drink this tea during the day or before bed. If you are not familiar with herbal tea, you can add honey and milk to make it easier to drink. And if you want a dose of caffeine for your morning workout, you can mix it with black or oolong tea.
Boil about 8 ounces of water for a cup of tea.
Put an envelope or 2 tablespoons of dried chamomile in the cup
Pour in hot water and let it steep for 4 to 5 minutes.
Next, if you are using bulk tea, collect the flowers in a strainer and then enjoy the tea.
Yes, you can. It is similar to brewing beer with dried chamomile, but you need to double the number of fresh flowers to get a rich flavor as expected, about 4 tablespoons. And don’t forget to let it sit longer for a stronger flavor.
Each product has a specific daily dosage guide for reference. In general, an adult should drink one to four cups a day to experience the benefits of chamomile tea, especially in reducing anxiety.
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, chamomile tea helps smooth out blemishes, heals acne scars, and prevents breakouts. It also contains many antioxidants that help the skin fight the aging process.
Pregnancy: There are no studies showing that chamomile tea has negative effects on pregnancy. However, some experts recommend avoiding chamomile tea or you should seek the advice of your doctor if you want to drink chamomile tea during pregnancy.
After surgery: Chamomile contains a small amount of coumarin, which can prevent blood from clotting. That is why you should stop drinking chamomile tea a few weeks before and after the operation.